Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Friday, March 13, 2009

Chocolate???

Tomorrow is White Day. A reminder for everyone...White day is considered Valentine's Day for women in Japan. On February 14th women give chocolate to all the men in their lives. Dad, friends, lovers, classmates and the obligatory chocolate to be given to your boss and co-workers.

Now White Day, March 14th is the day that men are supposed to give back to all the women that gave them chocolate on Valentine's Day. White chocolate, marshmallows, cookies and candy are the traditional gifts given. According to Wikipedia, men are supposed to give gifts that are more expensive than what was given to them on Valentine's Day. However in my survey of Japanese women, and in my personal experience. Men do not come even close to giving the same amount that is bestowed to them on V-Day. Women are lucky if they get 3 gifts in return on W-Day. Poor unloved Japanese ladies!!!

I guess all I am saying, is that western ladies shouldn't complain that they only got a Russel Stofers Witman Sampler box of chocolates with a Snoopy Card. It is way more than the ladies over here get. Anywhoo... here are some pictures of some novelty Japanese Valentines Candy I took pictures of last month and completely forgot about. Enjoy!


Curry Chocolate


Chocolate that looks likes a wrapped sandwhich you would find at 7-11.


Chocolate Beer (or chocolate in a beer can)


The Bento Chocolate


Taco Yaki Chocolate Balls (Chocolate that look like Octopus Pancake Balls)

No comments: