Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Monday, July 13, 2009

school Lunch

My current job at Fujimi Girls Jr. and Sr. High School is a pretty good gig. I am teaching between 16-18 classes a week. I teach 1st and 3rd year Jr. High and 3rd year Sr. high (which is my favorite classes) and extra elective English classes after school. But one of the best parts of my job is the teacher's cafeteria.

All the students have to bring bentos, but teachers get hot meals everyday for about 3 bucks. There are usually a selection of salads and main dishes. All meals are come with rice, soup and japanese pickles. It's a pretty good deal. I think I will try and post a picture every now and again so you know what people actually eat here.



Today's lunch consists of rice with furikake (sprinkles), miso soup, honey glazed sweet potatoes, vegetable hamburg (like a meatloaf) with demiglazee sauce, side of vegetables and wheat tea. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy.

No comments: